Overview: The course is designed to provide participants with a foundational understanding of financial analysis in the context of real estate units. This course is suitable for individuals who are new to the real estate industry or those who want to develop a basic understanding of financial analysis specific to real estate.
Objectives: Buildings in Singapore are fast ageing. Most buildings have a product life of 40 to 50 years before they become obsolete and require redevelopment. This phenomenon has created a tremendous market opportunity and need for corporations, investors, sales & marketing practitioners, and relevant professionals e.g. engineers and lawyers to acquire competencies in analysing the financials of real estate holding business units in order to make informed decisions or advise their respective clients on whether to acquire, hold or dispose of the business unit.
- Describe unique economic characteristics of real estate assets;
- Recognise inherent risks of real estate assets;
- Identify sources of market uncertainties in relation to the assets under consideration for acquisition, e.g. inflation and interest rates;
- Assess the suitability of the current organization forms of the BU acquiring, holding or disposing the asset – e.g. a joint venture or a partnership;
- Assess financial statements of BU;
- Analyse current profitability of asset to be acquired, held or disposed of;
- Explain Financial Statement Limitations;
- Assess suitability of financial leverage in the investment;
- Evaluate available options for raising capital;
Refunds will only be considered for requests made within 7 days from the date of payment.
Any refund requests made after this 7-day period will not be eligible for consideration.